With the demand for commercial loan products and services rising, business owners are searching for the financial tools they need to succeed. With the regulatory requirements, compliance challenges, need for experienced personnel, and ongoing training and development, it may seem to be at times, an insurmountable obstacle to produce long lasting results in commercial lending. Perhaps you’ve found yourself asking the following questions:
How do you:
- Get buy-in from the board and executive team members, managers and branch level personnel?
- Get the word out to members and overcome the perception that credit unions are consumer only institutions?
- Gain the trust and confidence of business members in your local communities and set yourself apart from banks, to capture a share of the commercial market?
- Attract the best talent, overcome turnover challenges, and keep employees properly trained and motivated to offer commercial products?
- Determine which products and services to offer, which are most important and how are they rolled out?
- Administer your product offerings, through a centralized commercial department or through the branch network? What are the pros and cons of both?
In this discussion, Don Clark will share the “lessons learned” as he led his teams to the development of two of the most effective and successful commercial programs in the credit union industry. Whether you are just in the beginning stages of exploring options for your business members, or are actively engaged in a robust commercial program, you will benefit from Don’s insights.