Don L. Clark, Jr.
Don Clark, President/CEO of Sound Credit Union, is responsible for the overall performance of Sound Credit Union, a $1.45 billion credit union. He brings rich experience with over 25 years of significant leadership positions within credit unions and the credit union industry. His expertise includes all aspects of the following: Strategic Planning, Financial Statement Analysis, Business/Program Start-up, Operations Analysis, Collaboration & Innovation, Asset/Liability Management, Leadership Development and Program/Process Redesign.
Don received his BS degree in Accounting from Brigham Young University in 1989 and his MBA from the University of Washington in 2014. He has maintained an active CPA license from the State of Washington.
Don and Vicki have raised six children with the youngest still at home. His hobbies include golf, skiing, mountain biking, playing the drums and family vacations.
- 2016 to Present Member Tacoma-Pierce County Economic Development Board
- 2016 to Present Member of Operations Relevance committee for Northwest Credit Union Association (NWCUA)
- 2016 to Present Committee Chair NWCUA Credit Union State Issues group
- 2015 to Present Member of South Sound Together Board
- 2015 to Present Member of Univ. of Washington (UWT) Milgard School of Bus. Executive Council
- 2014 to Present Member of NWCUA Governmental Affairs and Regulatory Affairs Committees
- 2005 – 2009 Founding Chairman, Member Business Lending LLC (MBL)
- 2005 – 2009 Board Member, National Association of Credit Union Service Organization
- Member American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)